Sunday, June 6, 2010

The olden days

My mom and I went to my youngest sister's place yesterday for her 'pre-yardsale'. She had the above photo of us three girls framed and I just loved it. So naturally-I grabbed it out of the frame and ordered asked her to scan it and email it to me!

When I saved it and had to name it and I chose-3sistersonChristmasmorning-because that's what it was. I think it must be in 1978. I just love the story it tells with the jammies, the missing teeth (I wonder if Jodie got her two front teeth for Christmas that year), gold tinsel, Santa in the background, and those drapes. Ahhh-sweet memories!
Mom asked me to scan these two photos of me and print them out for her. I tried not to crop them too much, because backgrounds tell great stories, you know?
Me circa 1969. Such a cute, happy, little thing I was :)

7 comments:

Jessie said...

I love them! Who would have ever thought we would be looking back at old pictures and have them bring up so many old memories of years, styles, etc. gone by?

Rhonda said...

Oh my-I can see little Hope in that one!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Very cute indeed.

Sharon said...

Adorable - I love nostalgia!!

Dawnie said...

Very nice, Holly. Love those old photos. Glad you didn't crop too much. The background does indeed tell a story!!!! I would never want to live my life over again, but sometimes I would love to have a day here or there to go back and rock my babies or be a kid again.

Anonymous said...

u looked like a nut-case back then 2 !!!!!!!

Jodie said...

oh heavens we were cute huh?