Tuesday, June 15, 2010

New old Birdie plate



I saw this decorative birdie plate at Goodwill on Sunday-it was 99 cents. I passed it up on Sunday-but yesterday when I stopped in before Bible school-it caught my eye again and I decided to get it. It's brass with glass-with a birdie print underneath the glass. The paper is wrinkled-probably from moisture-but I think I'll keep it in there for now because I think it's cute.

A few years ago, I don't think I would have purchased this. But now, I think it's quite lovely. I guess everything old is new again:)

7 comments:

Inoureyes said...

It looks lovely in front of that yellow wall. Is that paint or wall paper?

Holly C. said...

I wallpapered in March-I love the yellow!

Hope you are feeling better, Melissa:)

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

My eyes are drawn to the Pyrex....But when I tore them away, I saw just how lovely your little birds are. Isn't it funny how our tastes change and evolve?

Holly C. said...

Yes-that's what I was thinking-how my tastes have changed over time.

Inoureyes said...

Im a gettin there! Thanks Holly.

Rhonda said...

I love that wall paper with the red accents in the room. Very "warm" feeling - such a change from the blue -not that I did not like it - just a change. The bird pic is cute too-I wish our Goodwill had bargains like that! Ours is apparently a Goodwill for the rich!

Dawnie said...

Very cute, Holly. It looks so pretty on your yellow wall. I wanted to go to Goodwill today and forgot. Hey, I did get Frank McCourt's book "TIS" at Goodwill last week with a 60% off sticker so it was CHEAP! I read 2 chapters but I am trying to save it for camp. I love his writing. Tried to call you today but you must have been away. Remi wants to see Rocco so bad but the way things are going it won't be this week, maybe next?