Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Doily love

I found a box of doilies in my closet and I decided to put more out. I mean-why not?
Look at the teeny tiny stitches on this one. I can imagine this would take a long, long time to do. I'm not certain, but I think hubby's grandma gave this one to me. I wish I could remember for sure.
This pink and white beauty came from Goodwill. (When I wallpapered my dining room-I wallpapered the back of my one cupboard right over the wood. It was too dark before, I thought.)
The lovely tulip doily was sent to me by my good friend Rhonda.
I took this one from my sister, Jodie's, house. Oh and see that glass jar? There are tin noise makers in there. I think they might be old (not sure). Made in the USA. (That's a little unusual.) I picked them up at my sister, Kim's, 'pre-yardsale' for 40 cents!
A yellow beauty from good ol' Goodwill!

I want to crochet a doily one day. In fact, I'm putting it on my 'bucket' list!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Those look so lovely in your home! I'll bet you get around to that 'bucket' list pretty soon! You seem to be so on top of things!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Why not? A few more doilies here and there -- it's all good! (Especially the tulip doily).

Dawnie said...

Love your beautiful doilies!! I love doilies too. I need more. I am doilie deprived compared to you!!!