Saturday, August 8, 2009

Pillowcase tote

This is a Ralph Lauren pillowcase I bought at Goodwill a year or two ago.

But now it's a tote. I made it following the directions in the video on this Craftsanity blog post. This was my first bag ever, and I have to say it was pretty darn easy.

This was a pretty big pillow case, so I was able to cut the hem of the case off and use it for the handles. I also took the Ralph Lauren tag and sewed it on the outside-just to be silly.

Now my sister wants one. If only I could find that matching case.........☺

10 comments:

Inoureyes said...

Such a cute bag, can i stand in line for one as well?

Anonymous said...

Sure you can!

Email me your address, Melissa, and perhaps someday you'll get a care package from halfway around the world. (Promise, I won't stalk you!)

hollyberry2@windstream.net

Inoureyes said...

:-*

Jodie said...

waaaa waaaaaaa I WANT ONE OF THOSE......I LOVE BAGS....I HAVE A FETISH. I WANT A BAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Dawnie said...

I love the bag. You said it was easy,but I don't really believe you. But it is adorable.

Anonymous said...

No really-it was pretty easy. Did you watch the video? Dawnie???

Holly

R said...

Oh you are just too awesome. I'm with Dawnie - I don't believe it was as easy as you make it sound :-).

kb said...

Um this sister wants one too...but i think i'm going to buy myself a sewing machine and try it myself...when i have no idea. hey that thing i bought on saturday...tropical print sheets. Not a sheet but a duvet cover. That's what I think it is as it had buttons on one side.

Holly C. said...

Okay, Kimmie-you should get yourself a machine. They have some nice ones fairly cheap. Oh-I liked that (duvet cover). I liked the way it felt (so smooooth)!

Anonymous said...

I looove this bag Holly! I'm just getting caught up on all of my blogs since I have been gone.
Jessie