Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Rock + Hole=

Planter.

My husband works on a strip job, so he finds these rocks with holes in every once and a while. (The hole comes from drilling-I think.) So I told him to bring 'em on home, when he finds them. I now have about six, I think.

Now, I've seen these rocks quite a bit around this area, sitting on the edge of driveways and yards-but they are always up on their side.

I'm sure I saw this somewhere, I have no idea where, but I like mine over on their side. That way-hello-I have a little planter!

Yeah-I like flowers growin' out of my rocks.

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh cute - wish I had one of those rocks - think you could mail one out for me???? I use logs that are rotted out in the middle for a planter - Dan cuts them into about 12-14 inch heights and I sit them up and put dirt in them and plant flowers in - same effect but not as long lasting as yours!

Holly C. said...

I have one of those hollowed out logs too! But I bought mine at a little shop. I always see one along one of our roads and I am tempted to somehow take it home.

I would love to send you a rock, unfortunately I can't lift them!

Anonymous said...

WHY have I not thought of this? Love it!

Holly C. said...

Glad you like the idea, number17cherrytreelane. It's good to "meet" you.