Monday, July 20, 2009

Minty fresh

Here's a great smelling summertime candle-Fresh Mint by Yankee Candle.
I bought this a couple years ago, after my sister Kimmie said she really liked this scent. I didn't light it until this morning. I thought this would be a nice summer scent-and it is. Mmmmm... smells great!☺

Just a minute-I'll look on the Yankee Candle website to see if they still make it.....nope, they don't make it anymore. Maybe they'll bring it back, someday. Darn those Yankee Candle people-they always take away the good scents.

This smell reminds me of my husband's grandmother, ~Goosey~, making mint tea. I loved that stuff. Bring water to a boil, throw in a big handful of mint, take off heat, let cool, take out the mint leaves, add sugar and ice, and there you go. Good, refreshing stuff!

***If you ever want to plant mint-make sure you plant it in a container. That stuff runs rampant and will overtake your garden!***

5 comments:

R said...

Thanks for the tips on the mint - I'm needing some herb advice!

Anonymous said...

You are welcome R.

But that's about the only herb I know anything about!

Holly

kb said...

funny...i decided after i burned the candle once i didn't really like it. i sold it in my yard sale.

Anonymous said...

Oh Kimmie! I really like it.

Larry says tonight "Where's the mint tea???"

Holly

Jodie said...

great picture holly.....i love the slanted look. forget talking about the mint. i am more interested in the picture. lol