Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I made pie!

Yesterday I made a completely from scratch (meaning I didn't use store bought crust or filling) blueberry pie, for the first time in probably 2 or 3 years. And guess what. I didn't look at a recipe or anything-I remembered everything.

Hold on, while I pat myself on the back.

Okay-I'm done being silly.

But-I was really proud of myself.

And the best thing-it was scrumdiddlyumptious.

PS-I shared with my sister, my brother-out-law, and my niece.

♥♥♥♥♥

Blueberry pie filling

About 3 pints or 6 cups of blueberries (wash and pick off stems)
1 cup sugar
Around 4 heaping teaspoons cornstarch

Put above ingredients in sauce pan. Cook on low-medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar and cornstarch are dissolved and blueberries are just warm.

Place berry mixture in pie crust. (This is enough filling for a deep dish pie plate.) Top with another crust. Bake 350-375 degrees, around 45 minutes-or until filling is bubbly and crust has lightly browned.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Jodie said...

and nephew. it was DELISHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Jodie said...

CAN I JUST TELL YOU........I COULD HAVE EATEN THE WHOLE PIE, IF I WERE ALONE, WITH NOONE ELSE LOOKING FORWARD TO A SLICE.......I WOULD HAVE .......DELECTABLE.

KB said...

Looks yummy!

R said...

Looks good - maybe I should get your blueberry filling recipe. Our blueberries are just coming now - if the birds don't get them first.

Dawnie said...

That pie looks scrumptious!! We all went blueberry pickin' yesterday and picked almost 20 pounds of blueberries and made 12 cups of blueberry pie filling for camp last night. I am going to freeze the rest. We had french toast with blueberry and cherry pie filling for breakfast. I felt like we were at IHOP. We also made cherry pie filling but bought the cherries at a farm stand. Next on the list-peach.