Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sprucin' up the ol' desktop

And I don't mean my computer.

Years ago my mom was getting rid of her old wrought iron desk that she had her sewing machine on for years and years. It was broken and unattractive. So I asked for it. My husband fixed it. (My love for junk started many years ago, apparently.) So I took the matching chair from my sister my sister gave me the matching chair and it's been in my bedroom ever since.

I had covered the masonite faux wood looking board with fabric and painted it this lovely green a couple years ago. Well-the fabric was dirty and dusty and I thought it was time for a change.

I ripped the old fabric off and duct taped the new fabric on and voilá a new "desktop". It adds lovely color to my brown, woody bedroom, don't you think?

***Fabric is from a nice shower curtain I cut into from-you guessed it-Goodwill!***

4 comments:

rhonda said...

Nice!

Jodie said...

you really do make me look bad......come over to my house and do some SPRUCIN UP for me@!!!!

Holly C. said...

K-I will!

You spruced up your bedroom with your headboard! I need to take a picture, so I can do a bloggy post about it.

Dawnie said...

Oh, I love the colors. It is so sweet!!