Thursday, June 18, 2009

More storage for a small bath

I know you've been on the edge of your seat-waiting to see the top of my toilet.☺

This wooden toolbox I bought at The Drying Shed is probably supposed to be decorative-but I use it to store make-up, razors, shampoo samples, hair clips and other junque. It's nice and deep so it holds a lot.

And beside it is a recycled pickle jar used to hold some lovely soaps. (I painted the lid.)

And I made a little scarf for the toilet top too. (It matches the curtain and shower curtain and it's just squares of fabric sewn wrong sides together for that raggy look. No finishing work involved.) It stays cleaner looking than your bare porcelain. Just take it off and shake it now and again and there you go!

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh how very cute! I got a wooden toolbox at a garage sale last year (it is a bit more "rustic" than yours), but it is just sitting on my porch for decoration now - I could clean it up and use it for storage in my bathroom room too! What a wonderful idea! Love your blog!

Holly C. said...

I love rustic. Sounds perfect.

Thanks for the love!♥

Inoureyes said...

Looks very homey. I'm sure the toilet feels very loved. How many other things match to your shower curtain?
I used to love collecting little soaps when on holiday, now I am allergic, so I only collect goats milk ones!

Holly C. said...

Oh-yes-I love my toilet very much. Couldn't live without it.

That's all that matches my shower curtain. I'm not a normally a matchy, matchy person, believe it or not.

kb said...

I love you! and Jodie too!! Great posts! I read them everyday even if I don't commet.

Holly C. said...

We love you too, Kimmie!