Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Garden Markers

Sad little flowers. ▲
Poor little mater plant. ▲

Hey-I think this would be a fun, quick, cheap, and relatively non-messy activity for young-uns.

Since I didn't think my 17 year old would be interested-I went ahead a made these myself.

1. Go grab a rock from your yard, driveway, the woods, your landscaping-I think you can find rocks just about anywhere.
2. Get out your sharpies. Don't have any? I think the dollar stores have generics relatively cheap.
3. Have your kids start drawin'. Or you can, if your kids don't want to.
4. Take your rock out to your garden or wherever you want to.
5. Congratulate yourself-you have made a garden marker!

Saw these here.

I don't know how these weather, but I shall soon find out.

Rocks rock!

2 comments:

Dawnie said...

AHHHH! You are quite the artist. These are so cute. I want to make some since we have no idea what we planted. YIKES!

Inoureyes said...

These are so cute. We just spent the last public holiday at the beach and the kids brought home plenty of large rocks to attempt this on. Will be interesting to find out if the sharpies do weather as it will be good for marking seedlings.