Thursday, June 11, 2009

Flower pot wreath

In my attempt to make the cement walls outside our basement (our main entrance) less ugly, a couple of years ago, I had my hubby put screws in it so I could hang things. I love to hang things. (Things-not people, people.)

So I bought this wreath at Trader Horn, I think. Added mini terra cotta flowers pots-which I secured with wire I stripped from wired ribbon (because I didn't have any other wire).

Over the years I've lost a pot or two a year and I just replace them. This year I took them all off and gave the gray grapevine a little squirt of white spray paint. Then stripped new wire from some ribbon I had and tied the pots back on.

It's really weathered and rustic (that's what I call beat up and old). But I like weathered and rustic. ☺

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh such a cute idea - I might steal it!

Holly C. said...

You go right ahead!

Jodie said...

go ahead rhonda.....she forgot to mention she stole the idea from me. hee hee

Holly C. said...

Sorry sister.

Jodie used to have a wreath with little pots with dirt and little artificial flowers and some little garden tools.

Where is that wreath anyhow?