Thursday, June 18, 2009

Broccoli-Cauliflower Salad

If you like broccoli and you like cauliflower-you will love this. Even if you don't like broccoli and cauliflower-you may after you try this salad.

Here's a little story.

My little family and other relatives of my husband's would gather every Sunday afternoon at my husband's grandmother's house. (We'll call her Goosey. Well-we actually did call her Goosey. She would be over one hundred years old, if she were still living today.) To tell you how faithfully we went-we took our five day old baby there, the Sunday after she was born.

Anyhow, I took this salad there one time and Goosey had some and she looked at my husband and pointed to me and said-she's a good cook. I will never forget that. It made me so happy that I started to jump up and down and pointed at my husband saying-ha ha, your grandma said I was a good cook, ha ha!

So, on to the recipe-

Broccoli-Cauliflower Salad

Combine:
1 medium onion-diced
1 head broccoli-chopped
1 small/medium head cauliflower-chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled

Dressing:
Combine:
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup Miracle Whip or mayo
2 tablespoon vinegar

Mix 'er up before serving.
Enjoy!

***Jessie-please note the color coordination between food and recipe. Aren't you proud?***

♣♣♣♣♣♣♣

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

This is a great salad! And so pretty too!!!

Anonymous said...

me love this salad. and me love you too.

jodie

Holly C. said...

Me love you both!

Inoureyes said...

Very nice recipe. I will have to try this one in a few nights. Thanks.

Holly C. said...

You are very welcome