Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Holly Loves Tchotchke (not Chachi)!

Yes-I love tchotchke. Just look at my window sill-it's full of tchotchke. According to dictionary.com (and believe me, I had to look up the spelling on this one) tchotchke means
an inexpensive souvenir, trinket, or ornament. Now-I know some people hate it, but well-placed tchotchke makes me happy!!!

***Did anybody get the Joanie loves Chachi reference in the title??? Probably not, but I still crack myself up sometimes.

***Mom-please note the shiny sink!!! Your daughter is not a bad housekeeper all the time, just some of the time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never heard that word before, at first I thought it was your slang for saying tea and chocolate, hehe. I like it, because I have a lot of tchotchke myself ;)

Holly C. said...

Cindy-my mom always says that word. Kind of a replacement for "nic nac".

Rhonda said...

I totally got the Joanie loves Chachi reference! How did you get your sink so shiny???????

Holly C. said...

I cleaned it with comet cleanser and then I sprayed it with Clorox cleanup, let it sit, and scrubbed again with one of those scratchy pad thingys. It was getting bad-Clorox cleanup took the stains out. And there's the 101 on cleaning your stainless steel sink!